Monday, September 1, 2008

How it all began.....





I just want to tell you a little about me and my husband Allyn so you can kind of see where we came from and how we got started on the life we have now. We were married May 15, 1981 and so far have had 27 wonderful years together. We had our first daughter, Stephanie in 1985, she's now married and lives in Wilmington, NC. We had our second daughter Kaitlyn in 1990 and we just sent her off for her first year in college two weeks ago. We are so proud that she graduated valedictorian of her high school class. We are now empty nesters. I'm 48 and Allyn is 54.

Anyway, we were busy working, paying bills and raising our girls. We never really took vacations until 1990 when we started going on yearly vacations to Disney World. There were some wonderful times had with our family at this Happiest Place On Earth!

Then our girls got bigger and on one fateful day on Memorial Day 2001 weekend I finally talked my husband into taking us all tent camping. We bought a tent (which leaked) and headed up to the mountains to Cherokee, NC. My oldest girl who was 15 by then was unimpressed, our youngest did enjoy herself but by FAR the most impressed persons were me and my husband. We saw motorcycles and RVs and our taste for both was born. This was in 2001 and we ordered our first Harley immedidately when we got back home. This lead to wonderful times on it. Then we started dreaming of toyhaulers to haul it with and to camp. We bought our first toyhauler in 2002 and we have upgraded several times since then and now have a nice 2003 Newmar Mountain Aire motorhome.

I now have my own bike, a 2008 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Low Anniversary editiion, and my husband has a 2005 HD Heritage Softail Classic.



So...that's how it started.

No comments:

 

Web Site Hit Counters
Digital Camera Discounts